9.03.2010

More self-consoling

That's right...more consoling but in food form. I had made bangers and mash 2 nights ago for dinner. As usual I make enough to feed a small village when it's just me eating. My intention is to make just enough for lunch the next day to bring to work. Keeps my eating out budget down. This means having it 2 meals in a row. I could not stomach having a 3rd banger for last night's dinner. What to do? I made a massive amount of mash and needed to do something with it before I completely ignore it in my fridge and eventually becomes trash. Yukon gold potatoes taste incredible (like butta!) and I didn't want it to go to waste. The light bulb went on. Of course!!! Shepherd's Pie!!! I imagine it's what the Brits do with all that left over mash, right?
I didn't have enough meat that the recipe I followed calls for so I increased the vegetable amounts. All I had was corn on the cob and frozen green beans. Carrots would've been a nice pop of color. I was bummed I didn't have any on hand.


It tasted great even without the carrots. The fresh cut corn made it extra good. So crisp and sweet. I'm looking forward to having more for lunch.

I was up at 6am this morning. I got it in my head that I'm going to make matcha shortbread cookies instead of cupcakes. One less step making a frosting. Cookies are so easy...mix, bake and you're done.

Mechanic just called and said the Jeep is ready to go. Not happy I'm $600 poorer (this includes the car rental). Not happy at all. Oh yeah...then there's that tire I have to still replace. Let's make that $700 not in my pocket. =(

No comments: