Easter weekend was flipping busy. It's like Christmas all over again...even the gift giving. There were 4 birthdays to celebrate. My bank account is still recovering. It was a nice weekend though...nice and sunny.
Robert's family always does egg coloring the night before Easter Sunday. This wasn't a big thing with my family when I was growing up. I can tell you I only remember doing it once then. I guess my mom never really had it in her itinerary of Easter things to do since she always had church on her mind. (This year wasn't any different...she was going to bump her Friday birthday dinner to fast!) I hadn't done it in a couple years with Robert's family. I always forget how fun it is. It brings the inner 5 year old out of you. Then it becomes competitive because someone in the family (who didn't do any egg coloring) picks a winning egg. Robert's aunt judged this time and picked one of Robert's many eggs as the winner. I say this was unfair since the majority of us only had 2 eggs to color and he had 3 times that amount! The odds were in his favor!!! But anyway...I will let him have the glory. As a former Easter Egg coloring winner, I say there's always next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment