The Valentine's/3-day holiday weekend was pretty mello. Didn't really go out because the weather was mostly ugly and people don't know how to drive in the rain. I was close to being in a really bad car accident last night when it was my right of way and a stupid driver decided to turn right in front of me...with a trailer!!! AND I'M THE ONE WHO GOT A CITATION LAST WEEK?!?!? Ugh.
Saturday was pretty clear out so we headed to Berkeley. We didn't have any big plans other than to get out of the house. Bubba let me go where I wanted to go without whining. Of course I hit some yarn stores on the way to Berkeley. I got to finally check out Article Pract in Oakland. All this time and I didn't realize that it's on my route to and from SF. It's the kind of yarn store that I wish I lived closer to. It's well stocked and spacious. Bubba bought me a skein of super soft alpaca/merino blend yarn to make another slouchy hat...hopefully done by the time I go to Tahoe next month. Next door was a popular mexican restaurant, Dona Tomas. I've heard good things about this place and wanted to try it but the line waiting to get in for Valentine's Day was ridiculous. On to Berkeley...
We miraculously found parking near Far Leaves Tea, a tea shop. Bubba has been on the search for THE BEST tea. It's not nearly as fancy and retail-ish as Teance. Far Leaves is much cozier and laid back. There's a second floor where there is more seating. We chose to sit right up front at the window so we could people watch. Across the street I spotted an Indian restaurant, House of Curries. I love me some chicken tikka masala and spinach paneer. We decided to go there for dinner if it wasn't too busy. We figured that most people don't flock to get Indian food on Valentines day and we were right. Across the street was an Italian restaurant with people waiting outside on the sidewalk. Hope the food was worth waiting in the cold for.
My old gray kitty that has spent her whole life living in the closets, under the bed, and behind the laundry room washer since I've had her has suddenly come out of hiding. She's been hanging out with me in the living room and sleeping with me or Bubba at night. I'm not sure weather or not I should be worried or ecstatic. Its kinda freaking me out that she's being so cuddly.
Overall it was a nice weekend. Except for avoiding a car accident by the skin of my teeth.
No comments:
Post a Comment