8.22.2008

Tahoe: Part 1 - No cable?!?! No Internet?!!

My family is having a bit of a reunion this weekend for a cousin's wedding in South Lake Tahoe. My immediately family rented a cabin and it's a really cute place. It still has a few creaky and squeaky noises that can be eerie, but well worth the stay since the resort the rest of my family is staying at is $300/night. Too steep for us broke people. Fortunately my bro's gf has some connections and we scored staying at this cabin for half the cost per night....and a MUCH bigger place.

What's funny is that when we arrived here yesterday and finally got a chance to rest after unpacking we discovered the house didn't have a cable connection. I think we all freaked out...this meant NO OLYMPICS!!! Then those of us (not me) who brought their laptops were able to get a internet connection. Argh...I wasn't expecting any connection so I didn't bring mine and I got so tired of packing yesterday I said screw the laptop. So yeah...we just can't get take a break from technology this weekend. Besides...how would we have found out about the awesome sushi restaurant we went to last night for dinner? The Naked Fish...you gotta go people. You're lucky if you get Patch as your server. He was fun. We ordered a gigantic bottle of quality sake and we shared with Patch. He took every shot we gave him and we offered a round to the sushi chefs that gladly took a shot too. Needless to say everyone was trashed, including my parents. Unfortunately I had to stop at 4 shots. I was the designated driver. Right after we went to Safeway and did some grocery shopping. Drunk grocery shopping with my family is interesting. We wreaked some havoc at Safeway....there was breaking of eggs and a case of Coronas. My mom could barely figure out the pin pad when she paid with her debit card. LOL. She told the checker we were all drunk and my bro was like..."Now why did you have to throw us all under the bus, Mom?!" I'm sure that Safeway won't want to see our rowdy group again.

This morning we're just chillin' in the cabin, recovering from sake hangovers, and waiting for Bubba to wake up so we can take a bike ride to the Art and Wine Fest that's going on down the street. Then later this afternoon Bubba and I are off for a couple's massage. It's not Hawaii, but it's been relaxing so far.

No comments: