
Really bad. Last weekend I found a cupcakery/cookie shop in Lafayette: Teacake Bake Shop
You know what's worse? It's in the same shopping plaza as my favorite yarn shop. Yikes.
It's the sweetest little shop with displays of their treats. The shop employee told us that they've only been open for a month. Bubba and I picked out 2 each. I'm a sucker for red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting so I picked out their version called Pink Velvet (w/cc frosting). Bubba picked out a Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla cupcake with chocolate buttercream frosting. I forgot what the other one was, but also topped with chocolate buttercream. We also got cookies: oatmeal chocolate and hazelnut chocolate toffee. I LOVED the Pink Velvets and the hazelnut cookie. I didn't get to try Bubba's choices. He doesn't have a sweet tooth like I do, so he thought the cupcakes and cookie were just ok. Can't wait to try other flavors.
After all this cupcake eating we ended up at a bike shop. Bubba wants to get into mountain biking again. I really should start riding again too. I love riding cruiser bikes. I feel like little kid on my girly bike that I used to have. Good times. If I lived by a beach I would have one. I should have one anyway. With a little bell. And a basket. 
No comments:
Post a Comment