Last Friday, Erin and I went to another A's game to claim our Kurt Suzuki bobblehead (along with all the other hundreds of people who got to the game 3 hours early). This time we got excellent seats behind the field box beside the A's dugout. We were able to see into the dugout and two rows away from players as they came by us. Pretty cool.
We normally don't drink at games, but we both got a rum & coke. Bartender lady let me decide what rum to put in, Bacardi or Captain Morgan. I asked to try both. Bacardi tastes what I can imagine rancid gas might taste like. Captain Morgan is so tasty that I wanted to transport myself to the Caribbean Islands. More Capt. Morgan please.
After cleaning out the garage on Saturday, Bubba made a trip to BevMo and got some excellent Capt. Morgan rum. Now I really enjoy my rum & diet coke.
Sunday, Bubba and I ventured out to find the CoCo County dump in Martinez to get rid of all the accumulated unsellable crap we had. I was not looking forward to it. Garbage dumps don't smell like roses. To my surprise the place we went to didn't smell that bad at all. What's weird was that you dumped your stuff in a covered aluminum building and I suppose the staff there sort out what is recyclable. Ick. I cannot imagine going through random garbage. Bubba emptied out the car. I watched him from the passenger seat.
We wandered around downtown Martinez and found a nice enough marina/park to relax for a few min. Nice views of the Benicia bridge and tons of benches to sit at. Then we went to a Korean restaurant in Concord. I had been craving dolsot bibimbop (with bits of beef bulgogi and vegies) after watching Iron Chef America (BATTLE RICE!) the night before. I never thought I'd ever see Chef Mario Batali make a delicious bowl of it! Bubba never tried it before and he enjoyed it. It's a great one pot meal. I've never made it but I will once I can find a stone pot to make it in. It's the best kind of comfort food.

No comments:
Post a Comment