| Cast of U.S. Big Brother 16 |
I'm a fan of the show Big Brother, one of my many guilty pleasures. I've watched almost every season since it started airing during the summers. I have a few favorite players but by no means am I a super fan because once it's done I barely remember the cast a week after the show ends. I tried out the live feeds in the 2005 season and it was well worth it because the drama and intense competition was insanely good. Never got it again until now for the 16th season just for the hell of it and it's been well worth every cent of entertainment. Plus, I've been working from home and it makes for great background noise. Even though a filipina made for the first time in the cast, my biggest complaint is I wish there was a bit more cast diversity, not only with race but age. Then there's the overuse and abuse of words and terms in conversations such as: literally, blood on my hands, can't trust him as far as I can throw him, and LIKE. These words are nails on a chalkboard to me. I realize the network knows their demographic of teens to 30 yr olds, but sometimes you want to see an over 40 player who has a fighting chance to win half a million dollars too. Otherwise, there's been just the right amount of eye candy and this cast is 20x better than last year's racist mess and I only watched the tv episodes.
Back to my Saturday evening date with BB...
No comments:
Post a Comment