9.24.2012

Small accomplishments, but accomplishments nontheless

Summer has slowly faded away (just like my late summer tan) and fall has officially begun. I can't believe it's already the end of September. My birthday events combined with my friend's birthday made the last week a whirlwind. By Thursday I didn't know if I was coming or going. I was at a get together late that night and I wasn't sure if I really wanted to be there. I could feel myself shutting down but I ordered a drink and put on my happy face. Three hours later, when it should've only been two hours, I was on my way home and what seemed only hours later I was back on the road again and back at work on Friday. With my boss' back going out for the hundredth time and picking up her slack at work, the amount of driving I was doing all over the Bay Area was exhausting.

After I mustered up enough energy to cook dinner on Friday night I passed out on the couch at my brother's house with his dogs. I said I would sit for them a long time ago so there was no backing out. No matter, because all I planned to do was:
  1. Sit on my ass in front of the tv watching Season 1 of Revenge (I missed it all last season)
  2. Complete Jolyne's scarf before she leaves for her trip on Saturday morning, and
  3. Finish up the last few chapters of a book I keep checking out of the library since June (I wasn't THAT into it but wanted to finish).
Completing 2 of the 3 ain't so bad! There are only so many hours of the day to pack in 22 episodes of Revenge. As of this afternoon, I'm on Episode 19. Man, I love Hulu and so happy that work hasn't blocked it like Netflix. Watching on Netflix would be easier...no commercials.

I'm crossing my fingers that this will be a mellow work week. I know it will be another busy week personally. I have to think about whether or not to attend an event later this week. It's not exactly what I wanted but at the same time I don't want to give up. As the weeks go on I'm finding it pointless and a waste of gas. I don't mean to be vague about this particular event but it's a personal thing that I'm not sure I want to share with anyone yet. Is it Friday yet?

The other day I was checking a pm on Facebook. This is usually when I end up browsing the events. I was shocked to find out that a friend's husband unexpectedly passed away in his sleep. He was only in his early 30's. I never got to meet him as her husband. I think she introduced me to him when they first met. I had lost contact with her until she found me last year. As far as I know, he wasn't sick. She is still waiting for a coroner's report to see what had happened. My heart is heavy for her. She is left with 3 kids to support and isn't in the best financial situation. I can't even imagine what I'd be like in her position. She is out of state and her family lives in my area. I hope she has people out there to support her through this difficult time and she has the strength to be there for her children. If the funeral ends up being here, I'll do everything I can to attend.

No comments: