7.07.2011

Flashback: Meet my almost 16 year old self

I was forwarded this picture from my Hawaii cousin Emma (via my mom). Let me tell you, I couldn't stop laughing.
This is circa July 1990 and my first trip to Hawaii with my family. My brother is holding the red bird, I'm holding the blue/yellow one. The 3 kiddos in front are Emma's kids.

I can't for the life of me remember where this is. 21 years ago is a long freaking time! It may be at a carnival somewhere on Oahu. I remember Emma's entire family (5) and us (2) crammed into a little 2 door coupe that had seen better days. The seat belt laws weren't in effect there yet.

My thoughts on this photo?




  1. What is up with those parrots?


  2. Damn, I was young! I feel so old. My cousins' kids are all adults now. Wahh.


  3. My brother is and always will be 5 shades darker than me. I swear I have the lightest skin tone ever for a filipino.


  4. What hairspray was I using? I'm amazed my hair didn't fall flat in that Hawaii summer humdity.


  5. Though I perfected (or so I thought) my hair bear bangs, I'm glad those days are gone. WTF was I thinking?


  6. I had cheek bones! My mommy's cheek bones. Under all those leis I had a nice set of collar bones too.


  7. Damn, I was high school skinny. Oh, how I miss the days of being less than 110 lbs. :(


If I could, I would re-do my youth all over again. Wouldn't we all?

No comments: