6.25.2009

Springing forward to Summer

It's only been a couple days into summer and it's flipping hot! Looks like the weather where I live is going into triple digits over the weekend. So glad I'll be heading to the City one of those days.

I had no reason to be MIA over the past month. I guess I kinda lost my blogging mojo. It happens. I haven't been all that busy so there hasn't been much to share. Well, not really. There's been a lot of family events going on practically every weekend. I went to San Diego at the end of May for Bubba's cousin's college graduation. I think she may be the first college graduate in Bubba's immediate family. Not only that, she graduated Summa Cum Laude...I'm talking multiple cords, awards, and medals. It's quite an accomplishment. We stayed in a La Jolla vacation rental for the week. It was cozy but the beds absolutely SUCKED!! It's the chance you take when you choose a rental by pics from a website.


Overall it was a nice week and I was very happy that my cousin Leila came down to visit me from the LA area. I miss her very much since I only see her a couple times a year.



The week we were in SD was the opening cherry harvest week. I made Bubba get up early and go cherry picking with me. Fortunately these picking farms are practically in our backyard. We went to the same place we went to last year. Through the harvest map these farms give out free we found a lady that harvests and bottles honey and sells it on the front porch of her run down home. I live in the sticks, remember? No one was home except for the porch kitty that greeted us. We discovered that she did sell her honey by an honor system. She left some bottles of different kinds of honey and homemade organic soaps on a table. You pay by leaving your cash or checks in a jar. We picked 2 bottles of honey and left our payment. Good stuff!

We also found Hannah Nicole Vineyards, a local winery. The tastings are held in the back of the owner's home until their winery that was currently under construction opens up at the end of the month. The house and grounds are really beautiful. They even have a chill yellow labrador named Riley that greets you. That dog has the life! We tasted the majority of what they offered and we walked away with 3 different wines. It makes me want to go to Napa. There's not much else going on this summer till the end of August that I probably should plan a Napa trip. I'm probably overdue attending a baseball game. I've lost my baseball watching mojo too. I'm sure I'll get to it before the season ends, as well as going to some street fairs, art & wine fests, picnics at the beach, and many more events. I'd love to go see a broadway show or 2, like August, Osage County or go Teatro Zinzanni again. I'm even interested in the free Symphony event at the Stern Grove in SF. Well, I'm gonna try to. Sometimes when I have too many plans all I want to do is hide in the house and not do anything. So, anyone feel like getting me off my ass and making plans with me? =)

No comments: