5.28.2008

Vacation or Not to Vacation

I'm officially off from work the rest of the week before I go insane. With so much time on my hands I can't decide whether or not I should go visit my cousin in Santa Barbara or stay home and get stuff done that I've been putting off.

GOING TO SANTA BARBARA?

Pros:
  • Seeing my cousin. Haven't seen her since...the holidays? Yikes.
  • Her place is by the ocean. I love being by the ocean.
  • Good times. I always have fun with her.
  • Watching her perform with her Tahitian dance group at school.
  • Last time I'll be able to stay at SB for FREE! SB ain't cheap people. You don't even want to know how much a room costs for one night when I'll be there for her graduation.
  • I won't be bored. I think.
Cons:
  • 9-10 hours of round trip driving. I'd be wasting 2 days of vacation in my car.
  • Traveling alone sucks especially when I'm the one doing all the driving.
  • I will be dragged to 2 nights of tahitian dance practice.
  • GAS! OMG! At about $4+/gallon. I may as well throw my tax rebate out the window while I drive on Hwy 101.
  • Vacation should be relaxing, right? This doesn't sound relaxing.

STAY HOME?

Pros:

  • Getting big errands done that I've been putting off.
  • Clean clean clean my house...or hire someone to clean.
  • Clean up backyard...weeds and such. Gussy it up to use for the summer.
  • Clean house = happy Jean :)
  • Not spending gas money and less wear on my car.

Cons:

  • The possibility of NOT getting anything done at all and sitting on my fat ass for the next 5 days. Laziness and being unmotivated are my biggest downfalls.
  • I'm not "getting away" like I originally wanted.
  • Not being by the ocean. Psh...I only live an hour away from the water. But No. Cal beaches are different from So. Cal beaches, especially the weather.

Hmph. I must get myself in the shower...see how this day goes and how I feel later. I have about 26 hrs to make my mind up and get as many big errands done as fast as I can.

No comments: