10.03.2007

Are you kidding me?

My backordered phone was shipped and I received it today. Yay! Right? I WAS happy for a brief moment then something happened on the way home from work.

I've been taking the backroads to and from work for the past month to avoid the back to school traffic. It's a very windy 2 lane road through the hills with some straight stretches of road in between. I got to a straight stretch and sped up. From the left side of the road I see a brown blur moving fast toward the front left corner of my car.

I screamed and BAM!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG. A deer hit me. I didn't even have time to brake. I think I smacked it's head going 45 to 50 mph. I kept going. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't really stop. It's a two lane road with no place to stop right then. I look in my mirror and I see the deer stunned and stumbling to get back up. I was willing it in my head to get the deer back up. I felt soooooo bad. =( Before I turned the corner I see it standing but not sure if it walked away. Fortunately there was no on coming traffic. I'm bummed.


Here's the damage:
For reference this is what the other side looks like with no damage:



Not bad but so annoying. Another thing to add to the list of fix-its.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Bummer on the car.

The 3rd party insurance people suck...it's backordered. ARGH...Congrats on getting your arm back.