3.21.2006

Yummmm...crepes

Over the weekend my fiance (a.k.a. Bubba) and I discovered a new crepe restaurant and tried it out. Their dessert crepes tasted amazing! Since then Bubba has been craving them and made banana crepes last night. He never made them before and it was excruciating watching him make it because he turned my kitchen in to a disaster area. We even got into an argument about how to cook the crepe batter...he was sooo cooking it the wrong way and it was driving me crazy. He would pour the batter in the pan and shake the pan back and forth on the stove top. It was irritatingly noisy. UGH! I tend to be a control freak in my kitchen so I tried to show him the correct QUIETER way to cook the batter by picking up the pan to spread the batter around. I also asked him to turn down the heat because it was burning the crepes and he kept telling me that they should be dark brown. Uhhh...no. They should be slightly golden brown. Of course he took my advice as complaints and kicked me out of the kitchen. After ruining the first few crepes he eventually gave in and did it the way I showed him. He took a long break before he tackled the banana filling but the banana crepes turned out awesome. I wish I took a picture of it because it was definitely restaurant worthy and not that hard to make. I'm all about "easy" cooking.

No comments: