3.13.2006

Wish I was there


Image hosting by Photobucket As the weather continues to be cold and rainy (even snowy!) I can't help but dream about my happy place...the bungalows on the beach in Haleiwa on the North Shore of Oahu in Hawaii. My absolute favorite spot is right on that hammock hanging between those two palm trees. That is where I can waste the day away:

*clearing my thoughts
*relaxing while I listen to the waves rolling in
*reading a book
*watching the sun set
*eating some freshly cut pineapple

and not feel guilty about it. I haven't been there in 2 years and I'm determined to go this year. I made the mistake of going to Cabo San Lucas for my vacation last year. Don't get me wrong...I still had fun, but it wasn't Hawaii. Hawaii is my home away from home. I blend in with all the other Hawaiians...sometimes the locals think I'm local too until they hear my mainland accent. I'm lucky enough to have a lot of family that live there so if I can't stay at the bungalows then I am always welcome to crash at one of my many cousins' houses. Everytime I go I meet a new baby niece or nephew. My crazy family keeps on growing.

Haleiwa...I'll be seeing you soon.

No comments: