The last half of the year has come and gone fast. It always does right after my birthday in September. Happens every single year. As I get older the holidays are different from year to year. I used to know exactly who I'd be spending it with. The past few years I never know anymore. This year hasn't been any different.
Tonite will be a quiet evening with a four-legged friend named Homer that I'm taking care of while his owners are vacationing in warmer climates. I'm so fortunate that I can make some extra money during the holidays. As much as I wish I was also on a beach in Hawaii I know i have to recuperate from the financial loss last year. I predict that I'll be watching the ball drop at midnight on tv with some envy of the people celebrating together freezing in NYC. The envy won't last too long. I'll be satisfied when I'm warm and cozy in my flannel PJs and focus on what I need to do. Tonite I'll raise a glass to myself and get ready to see what the new chapter will bring. Happiness. Hope. Fortune. Fun. New friends. Exploring more parts of the world. 2015, please be good to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment