4.07.2012

Colcannon cakes w/ poached eggs

Cooking...how I've missed it! Without going into too much personal detail, I haven't cooked much for myself for the past 6 months. My whole life since then has been turned upside down. I'd like to think it's for the better. People will come and go and life goes on.

80% of the time my meals come from my parents. I'm saving a hella of a lot on food! 10% of the time I cook my own meals and that's only when they're not around which is rare. Last week I had my brother's kitchen all to myself. It was nice to go all out and make some meals.

Because I was traveling outside the USA during St. Patty's Day I completely missed out on an Irish meal. I made Guinness beef stew and it turned out incredibly delicious. It was even better the next day when my brother and his wife came back from Tahoe and they got to eat the left overs. Even better the next day! I made colcannon on the side to make into colcannon cakes for breakfast the next morning served with poached eggs. Two of the best back to back meals I've had in a long time. It was much needed comfort food.

No comments: