6.30.2011

The best sandwich I've ever made

Have you seen the movie Spanglish? You should. Not an Adam Sandler fan? I understand. He's not for everyone. I only enjoy a handful of movies that he's been in but Spanglish was a nice surprise. He actually acts! He plays a high end restaurant chef and he makes a kick ass sandwich in the movie when he gets home from a long work night.


This isn't the best shot of it so if you watch the following video at the 1:16 mark you can see it much clearer.


This is footage of a REAL high end chef, Thomas Keller, showing Adam how to make one of those. Supposedly he came up with this creation. Really? Essentially it's a fancy BLT with a fried runny egg and melted cheese. But it's soooooo goood. The recipe is at the end of the video.


If you're drooling like I was then you should make your own! I made it with what I had on hand. I used romaine lettuce instead of butter lettuce, half of a demi french bread roll from Target, provolone instead of monterey jack, and honey mustard instead of mayo. It was delicious! I'm a sucker for a good sandwich.

No comments: