I heard about the movie ONCE when I watched Ebert (well not really Ebert, but the guest critic) and Roeper's top 10 movies of 2007. The guest critic highly recommended it and called it a "musical." Well, hell...I LOVE musicals. I added it to my Blockbuster queue. I waited almost a week before I watched it...cuz well...I didn't really know what to expect and wasn't in movie mode. When I finally watched it I was like...OMG why did I wait so long?! I've become ONCE obsessed and watched the movie 3 more times before I hesitantly sent it back. It was the music that grabbed me I suppose, especially the first song sung solo by Glen Hansard. He sings with such emotion and the music is so heartfelt...that you just feel it, especially when you can relate to the words he's singing. Here are my favorite songs from the movie. Rent it. You won't be sorry.
Say It To Me Now (ONCE opening credits)
Falling Slowly
Lies
When Your Mind's Made Up
No comments:
Post a Comment